We are nearly there! Next week we have the opportunity to elect the new SAST Board and begin a new chapter in the life of Stirling Albion FC.
I have sought guidance on the preferred number of elected members on the SAST Board. The consensus of opinion is that 5 Members should be elected, plus 2 co-opted members, one of whom should be the Stirling Albion Supporters’ representative. The other co-opted member should be at the discretion of the Trust Board. SAST Members have the right to challenge the appointment of any co-opted member if they feel that person does not represent Members views.
The arrangements for the SGM are as follows:
- Beverly Mayer, Head of Membership & Policy, Supporters Direct Scotland, will act as an Independent Observer
- The SGM will be a SAST Members’ meeting only. Non-members will not be allowed access, including press
- Voting will be restricted to those Members attending the SGM, as has been the practice at previous meetings when Trust Board Members were elected
- All Members will be required to sign in at tables set up in the hallway. You will be required to bring evidence of your SAST Membership Number
- After signing in, each Member will be given a Voting Paper with Nominees’ names
- After the Interim Chair’s opening remarks, Members will be given the opportunity to ask the Nominees questions
- Members will then place their Voting Paper in a Ballot Box in front of the platform
- When all Voting Papers have been lodged, they will then be counted
- The result will be announced by the Interim Chair, who will then meet with the elected Members to agree the new SAST Board Chair. The new Chair will then be presented to all Members and close the SGM.
I will be sending out details of all Nominees to all SAST Members, as well as posting on the SAST Facebook page and the Trust website, before the SGM.
Once again, thank you for your support and encouragement over the past few weeks.
SAST Interim Chair